WOW!! What an honor! Right after launching my travel blog Mission Wanderlust, it was nominated for the Liebster Award 2017.
I can’t describe the feeling I have right now. It is a mix of being proud, happy, grateful and joyful. Thanks a lot to Marlo & Kristof from Along Came An Elephant for the nomination! 🙂
The award motivates me to keep writing my blog and share my travel experiences with you.
What is the Liebster Award?
For those who have never heard about it, the Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
The award is a great opportunity to connect with other bloggers and get to know the person behind the blogs a little better.
The Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Share who’s your favourite blogger/blog
- Tell 10 random facts about you (optional)
- Select 5-11 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
My Favorite Travel Blog
It’s very hard to say who is my favorite travel blog. There are so many great travel bloggers in the web, that I can’t really narrow it down to only one blog.
But there is one blogger (he’s actually not only blogger but also a great vlogger) who inspired me with his lifestyle. He’s one of the first travel bloggers I started to follow and I’m following him until today. Fun For Louis or Live the Adventure is living his dreams. His open mindset is very inspiring and I admire his lifestyle and success. I don’t follow him because of the destinations but because of his way of thinking and his way of seeing the world.
Question I was asked from along came an elephant
1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I have a mission. Hard to guess but the mission is called ‘Mission Wanderlust’. There are 196 countries in our world and I want to visit them all. I called my blog ‘Mission Wanderlust’ because I want to beat the wanderlust blues and travel to all the countries in the world and share the stories on my blog.
2. What country is on the top of your bucket list?
As I “only” traveled to 35 countries so far, there are 161 countries left on my bucket list (remember my mission! 😉 ). On top of it is India, Uzbekistan and Peru.
3. What are your top 3 travel gadgets you can’t live without?
World adapter, mosquito repellent (I seem to be a delicacy to mosquitos) and my system camera.
4. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Gunnar Garfors. He traveled to every country in the world (remember my mission again! 😉 ) and wrote a great book about it.
5. If you could be a super hero, who would you be and why?
I would be Mr. Spock who can “beam” himself to every place in the world. Or even cooler: in the universe!
6. What is one of your most embarrassing moments?
I was doing a side job as a waitress in my school time. I stumbled and fell with a tray full of filled drinking glasses. I don’t need to mention that this was in front of all the restaurant guests, right? In that moment, I truly wished to be Mr. Spock and “beam” me away!
7. What’s your favorite season and why?
Spring. I love to see how the nature revives after a long, cold winter. And it’s also a special moment if you don’t need to wear a jacket outside for the first time of the year.
8. What is your ultimate guilty pleasure?
Singing out loud whenever I feel unobserved. (Happened already that I thought I was unobserved but actually I wasn’t. Could be also another embarrassing moment…)
9. What is the best compliment you EVER had about your blog?
The nomination for the Liebster Award 2017!!!
10. What is your dream job?
To work for an aid organization and help to make the world a bit better.
11. If you’d be a Star Wars character, who would you be and why?
Official confession: I never watched Star Wars. Sorry, but I’m not able to answer this last question. (Is this another embarrassing moment to officially confess that I never watched one of the most popular movies in the world?)
- Betti büxt aus
- Fräulein Franz
MY QUESTIONS TO THE NOMINEES
- What do you like about traveling?
- What is one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
- What have you learned today?
- Would you rather live in the country or in the city?
- What is your favorite travel memory?
- If you knew you would die tomorrow, what would you do today?
- What is your favorite country so far and why?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Which book would you recommend me to read?
- Which of these questions was your favorite to answer?
Congratulations to all my nominees! I’m looking forward to read your responses! 🙂